Friday 21 February 2014

The Mum Tag

I have been tagged by Bex at Busy Bee Mummy Bex in 'The Mum Tag'. Here are my Q&A's...

1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum, or a Working Mum?

Both. I have the luxury that I haven't had to go back to full time teaching yet however I didn't want to stay at home the whole time so I work part time flexible hours at my Mum's events business. I also manage Mr C's business by doing his accounts, admin, diary management and general dogsbody too! 

2. Would you have it any other way?

No definitely not. I would like to get back into teaching one day in the future but right now, I feel incredibly lucky to have the privilege of being able to stay home and watch my baby grow each day.

3. Do you co-sleep?

No. We never have. Freddie was an incredibly content baby and slept through from 6 weeks old so we have had him a routine from then and he's always been settled in his own bed. That's not to say we wouldn't if he fed more in the night but as he never did, we had no need.

4. What is your one must have item for your baby? 

When he was a baby baby we loved his swing. He was so settled in there. We are also massive fans of Gro Company sleeping bags and in the early days, a White Noise app on our iPad! 

5. How many kids do you plan on having?

That all depends. If we have a girl next then I think we'll call it a day and our family will be complete. If we are blessed with a little brother for Freddie then we'd may be have one more. I wouldn't want any more than three though. 

6. Date night?  How many nights per month?

We try to do something as a couple at least once a month. We have the luxury that my Mum lives close by so she'll happily watch Freddie whilst we venture out. Normally we go out for a meal or a trip to the cinema. It's nice to spend time as a couple  remember who you are as well as being Mummy & Daddy. 

7. Your child's favourite TV show?

We are massive Toy Story fans in our house.

8. Name one thing you bought before having your baby and never ended up using?

We bought a baby beanbag that got used once and was then used as a baby monitor holder. It was expensive too and such a waste. We also bought lots of baby 'toys' that didn't get used as he preffered household objects such as pans & wooden spoons.

9. Your child's favourite food?

He enjoys spicy food such as curry. He also enjoys croissants, cucumber, apple slices and rice cakes. He's also partial to 'cakey'. 

10. How many cars does your family have?

We have one. We both drive but we recently traded in for a new car. As I'm at home most of the week, it didn't justify a car sat outside when I normally walk around our village.

11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during, after and now?

I don't know how much weight I put on but I went up one dress size. I have since lost three stones and 3 dress sizes.

12. Dream holiday with your kids?

I'd love to take Freddie to Lapland at Christmas. It would be truly magical. 

13. Dream holiday without your kids?

We are going to Cape Verde this Summer which will be amazing but we wanted to take Freddie with us too so it's our familymoon rather thana traditional honeymoon. We plan to go to Las Vegas for Mr C's 40th. 

14. How has your life changed since your baby's been born?

My priorities have changed. I'm less selfish and more aware of danger. I also know what it's like to love someone so much that you'd fight lions with your bare hands, and win, just to keep them safe.

15. Finish the sentence "it makes me heart melt to see..."

Freddie sleeping. Knowing he's peaceful, safe and content is the best feeling in the world. 

16. Where do you shop with for your kids?

Next, Zara, H&M and Gap mostly although I sometimes pick bits up from the supermarke too. I also love Ralph Lauren. For shoes, we love Converse.

17. Favourite make up & skincare products?

I have always wore Estee Lauder make up but I also like Rimmel for a cheaper alternative. You cant beat a good brow too and I swear by HD Brows. I'm a massive fan of baby wipes and sugar mixed with olive oil for exfoliating. One day I will find a skincare regime and stick to it!

18. Huggies or Pampers?

Pampers

19. Have you always wanted kids? 

Yes. 

20. Best part about being a Mum?

Knowing that there's another person who's the best of you. It is my whole life and I wouldn't change a single thing. 

I tag Amy at 2boys1mum and Emma at Emma & Alfie's World.





2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post!! :) Watching Rose sleep makes my heart melt too. There is something so pure and innocent about it. They have no worries and always look so angelic! :)

    Also totally with you on the skincare regime... Mine barely exists! haha!

    Georgie xx

    Life in Loafers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do look angelic. Shame F isn't angelic when he's awake haha!

    My skincare regime is a shower and a baby wipe! Ooops. I should really start taking more care ready for wrinkles or whatever but I don't!

    Thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete