Sunday 6 October 2013

Teething Problems.

It's safe to say we're having more than a few problems in our house right now, many of which are to do with a certain little mister and his new teeth.

 Up until the week before his first birthday, F was a proper Gummy Joe until, overnight, 6 appeared within a few days of each other. 

 F was, as to be expected, dumbfounded by the arrival of his new pearly whites and since then, has put them to use. 

He's a biter! 

He's taken to chomping on everything and everyone and I'm getting to the end of my tether now with what we do. I take him to lots of groups and he especially loves play gyms where recently he's taken to playing independently on the equipment whilst I watch tentatively at the side terrified that he might bite another child. 

In the past weeks, he's bit my heel whilst I knelt folding the washing, he bit my armpit whilst I cuddled him and he bit my nose when I was asleep! He bites when he's happy, when he's cross, when he's excited and especially when he's tired. 

So I need your help blogging world, what do I do? 

I don't want to shout, smack or bite back; this isn't my parenting style and something that I'd never resort to. I've tried ignoring and he carries on. I've tried been firm and he bites again. This is most definitely the biggest hurdle I've faced so far! 


Who could believe that this gorgeous little man has the bite of an Rottweiler?!

Help! 


No comments:

Post a Comment