Monday 7 October 2013

A Real Mum's Journey with #SlimmingWorld

In less than 10 months, I will be walking down the aisle. Have I mentioned that before? 

When Mr C popped the question, the first thing on my mind was the dress. Obviously the dress isn't THE most important thing but ever since I was a young girl, I've dreamt about my wedding dress. This

Although super important, I knew I didn't want it to be super expensive. I just couldn't justify spending £1600 on something I'd wear for a few hours, no matter how beautiful! Luckily, as if it was fate, I found my dress 2nd hand from a lovely bride who only lived a few hours from me. The only problem, it was too small! 

It was such a bargain that I snapped it up anyway even though I couldn't do up the corset properly. It was the kick up the arse I needed to start my journey with losing these extra lbs! 

I've always been quite big. Curvaceous as I like to call it and I've always been very body confident and felt healthy although I wasn't 'slim'. However, over the last few months I'd started to feel that I was bigger than I should be and it was time now, as a parent,  to make a change. 

In order to make that change I joined Slimming World.

I'm sure everyone will have heard of them before so I won't bother you with the details. I've found that the plan is not just a diet but a different way of life. Meals that we can all eat, even Freddie!

It doesn't cost me any extra on our weekly shop, just £4.95 per week for the weigh in and weekly meeting. 

So far I've lost 23.5lbs in 12 weeks! 

I've dropped a dress size (and a half!) and feel FAB!! 

I know that some people don't have time to join a weekly class so as part of my journey I am going to document some of the recipes that I make in case anyone else fancies giving them a go! 

All my future Slimming World posts will be #SlimmingWorld and I would love to hear from any other bloggers who are also doing the plan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment