Friday 25 January 2013

My little Chicken (Pox!)

Unfortunately, we have been hit with a case of the Pox this week. Poor F, at the tender age of 20 weeks, now resembles a dot to dot.


He's been very grumpy over the last few weeks, not like himself at all turns out this was all for good reason, the pox were brewing; waiting to rear their ugly heads! 

What started off as a few small spots on his head quickly turned into an abundance all over his body. I'm feeling very sorry for him and in turn, he's feeling sorry for himself!  

When I took him to the GP, the nurse said it was pretty impossible to get the pox at such a young age. Obviously not! My younger brother had it at 3 months which according to my mum, was horrific.

People have said that at least he's had it now. One of my (childless) friends said it was a good thing he'd caught it and we should have a chicken pox party.

As a mummy, no time is a good time for your child to get ill. No mother wants their child ill, even if it is only chicken pox. I take no comfort in the fact that he's caught it young and it is 'out of the way' so to speak.

The only consolation in all of this is that he isn't able to scratch properly, meaning that he shouldn't be left with scars. On the other hand,  he's too young to understand the feeling of itchiness,  resulting in sheer frustration and anguish for him. 

Lots of cuddles seem to be helping and I am enjoying giving them. 

Has anyone else's young baby caught the pox? How did you deal with them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment