Friday 17 August 2012

Pregnancy Post: 38 Weeks

This week sees the start of Week 38!

Maternity clothes: I am MASSIVE! Baby C is just raring to pop out and at approximately 10lbs already, i'm resembling a baby hippo! I am living in maxi dresses, leggings and Mr C's Captain America dressing gown!

Stretch marks: My tiger stripes have well and truely appeared. I thought that i'd avoided them and initially, I was horrifed when they appeared but I am now very much comfortable with them and see them as my permenant reminder that i've carried and nurtured a miricle in my body and I should be bloody well proud of that!

Sleep... is far and few between. My bladder seems to explode as soon as I lie down however, I am grateful for the fact that, even though I have to get up 4 or 5 times a night to go for a wee, I am able to go straight back to bed rather than having to feed a screaming baby!


Best moment this week: Finding out that I am 2cm dilated already and my cervix is partially effaced. We came to the decision that I will go for a vaginal birth rather than an elective section which is what i'd hoped for. Even though baby C's predicted birth weight is more than 4.5kg, the consultant said that there should be no reason to at least attempt for a vaginal birth which is good news!

Movement: Lots and often painful. He likes to party all night (like his mummy in previous times!) and I often wake up to find Mr C playing games with him during the night! Lets see if he's so keen to entertain him during the night when he arrives!

Food cravings: None.

Gender: Still a boy!

Labor Signs: I had a sweep on Wednesday and found that I am 2cm dilated so hopefully he should be making an arrival sooner rather than later. The hospital has said that I will not be allowed to go over my due date (31st August) so I am safe in the knowledge that in 2 weeks, he will be here in my arms!


Belly Button in or out: A bit of both dependent on where he is!

What I miss: This week I am thinking more about what I will miss rather than what I currently miss. In 2 weeks I will no longer be 'pregnant'. In reflection, I have had a lovely pregnancy and although i'd much rather be a mummy & have my boy here, I will miss being pregnant!

What I am looking forward to: his arrival!

Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy your maternity leave whilst you can. I have been off 2 weeks now and have completely spring cleaned my house, met up with friends, had lots of lazy days, watched a whole abundance of films that i've been meaning to watch for months, laid in till 10am and tomorrow, me and Mr C are going on a romantic date (on the proviso that I don't go into labour tonight!!).

Milestones: 2 weeks today & i'll either be in labour, or nursing my son in my arms! Fab!

1 comment:

  1. The internet is bogged down with bogus blogs with no real message but the post was fantastic and well worth the read.Thank you for sharing this with me. Pregnancy Week 12

    ReplyDelete