Monday 11 June 2012

Blog Challenge (13): What is your earliest memory?

I find it hard to remember the past, it usually needs prompting by photographs but one memory that I recall quite vividly is that of a holiday with my late great-great Aunt.

I must have been about 5 or 6 and we went to Morcambe for the week. Baring in mind that this was my great-great Aunt, she must have been about 70! Pretty good going looking after a young child on her own for a whole week! She was a lovely woman; I remember that she always wore a 'tabbard' and she rode a mobility scooter whilst her dog Sheba ran along beside her! She looked like Santa in his sleigh, bless her! Anyway, I digress: I vividly remember walking along Morcambe front with her and going on the 'Polo' ride.

"We do not remember days; we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

This is SO true. I don't remember much of my childhood. I've not got many photographs to help jog my sketchy memory of my childhood. I don't remember many specific days however; I vividly recall being happy and loved and I suppose that's all that matters. I am safe in the knowledge that I had a great childhood. I will do everything in my power to ensure that I remember the moments of my son growing up; these are memories that I would hate to lose. I will capture the smiles, the frowns, the moments and store them in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment